I’ve been meaning to email since we got back from the trip – but I’m sure you can imagine after 3 weeks holiday, the catch up that is required when finally back in the office seems to take ages!
I just wanted to thank you guys so much for such a fantastic trip! We were so impressed with Nomad! I am a pretty experienced traveller having visited most continents around the world. In saying that, I think the trip to Mozambique probably ranks in my top few. We had just an amazing time and loved every minute.
I have already – and will continue – to recommend this particular trip and Nomad to friends and family all around the world.
8 day Okavango and Chobe trail
Mary Lou Dixon went on our 8 day Okavango and Chobe trail. This is her feedback from the trip – it definitely sounds like an epic adventure!
I am back at work after a wonderful holiday!
The camping adventure was just that – an adventure! It was all that I had expected and more. Some highlights were:
1. The two nights we spent camping in the Okavango Delta. What I especially appreciated about those two days (besides the natural beauty of the area) is that we spent them with the local mokoro polers and guides. My guide/poler told us he had been poling for five years and obtained his guides license six months ago. He could name every creature we came across – common english name, scientific name and his own tribe’s name for the animal.
2. The sundowner cruise at Chobe. I have never seen such a concentration of game as we saw in that short time. Being on the water, we could get close to animals that you would not see from land as well.
3. The drive from Gweta to Kasane – the number of elephants wandering across the road was amazing.
4. Victoria Falls – the difficulty here was what to choose to do in the limited time we had available.
5. The rest camps we stayed at every night. Each one was very different and each had its own unique special feature. One example was the beautiful outdoor showers at Camp Itumela.
This trip is one not to be missed. For those of you who don’t want the hassle of putting up a tent every night, you can choose the accommodated version. We had both on our trip. But what we found was that the setting up of camp each night created a camaraderie which would not be there if we each disappeared to rooms each night. The first night our tents were very spread out – as far away from each other as the space allowed. By the last night in the tents, we were all in a circle close together!
This trip entailed long drives between stops and early mornings to get on the road in time, or to do nature walks before it got too hot, but I wouldn’t have missed it for the world.
6 night budget Okavango Delta budget safari
Traveler’s utterances on the 6 night budget Okavango Delta budget safari in Botswana:
- An incredible discovery! I had no idea the Delta was so exceptional. – Athol Grieve
- I just loved the water lilies. – Di Jones
- The light in the afternoons is so beautiful for photography. – Torben Roug
- I’ve wanted to visit the Delta for years. Moremi wildlife is prolific. – Dave Snodgrass
- We built real relations with the locals we were travelling with. – Sandy Grieve
- The peace of travelling in a mokoro was fantastic. And to be able to swim… – Liz Snodgrass
- I loved the bathe in the hot afternoon heat. – Lisbeth Roug